Universal Windows Platform (UWP) Video Player for Windows 10
Free Version 188.8.131.52 is now available (Released January 13, 2022)
The TRUDEF™ Video Player is Universal Windows Platform (UWP) compliant with a custom internal video pipeline designed to improve HEVC and AV1 visual quality on large resolution screens.
Porting of the TRUDEF™ VDK3 Fractal Video Codec for specialized high performance use cases in underway.
• Support for Microsoft's AV1 & HEVC Extensions
• MPEG Dynamic Adaptive Streaming over HTTP (MPEG-DASH)
• Apple HTTP Live Streaming (HLS)
• Microsoft Smooth Streaming (MSS)
• Custom GPU Filters
• UWP Compliant
• Multi Language Support: US, CN, ES, FR, JP, PT, RU
• Small Installation Package Size
Future development includes direct access to the low latency TRUDEF™ Video Streaming Platform and an API for 3rd party content delivery via custom playlists.
Download TRUDEF™ Video Player, free Version 184.108.40.206
Download Microsoft's AV1 Video Extension (Beta)
Download Microsoft's HEVC Video Extension
Upgrade to Windows 10 version 20H2
Note: Please check back periodically for updates as development continues with new features.
See high quality 4K HEVC streaming demo
Universal Windows Platform (UWP)
• Secure: UWP apps declare which device resources and data they access. The user must authorize that access.
• Able to use a common API on all devices that run Windows 10.
• Able to use device specific capabilities and adapt the UI to different device screen sizes, resolutions, and DPI.
• Available from the Microsoft Store on all devices (or only those that you specify) that run on Windows 10. The Microsoft Store provides multiple ways to make money on apps.
• Able to be installed and uninstalled without risk to the machine or incurring "machine rot".
• Engaging: use live tiles, push notifications, and user activities that interact with Windows Timeline and Cortana's Pick Up Where I Left Off, to engage users.